‘Thailand takes precedence – It takes hold of you!’
Forest of Peace President Miss Kanyapak Preawtaku was obviously moved and inspired when she declared the 3rd Year Forest of Peace as Children’s Future Day. During this cross-generational project our first iCTET scholars will be rewarded under the supervision of the committee:
- Prof. Dr. Surapong Kongsat Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University
- EABC President Mr Rolf-Dieter Daniel, Managing Director of Staedtler (Thailand); President of the European Asean Business Centre and a former president of the German-Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Martin Klose, Esq. Roedl & Partner (Deputy Chairman)
- Mrs. Kanjapak Preawtaku (President - FoP)
Spokes council of body of experts
- Mr. Hartfried Schmid, Engineer ICT in Education Specialist | ICTET Trustee – Children Ombusdman
- Dr. Shwe Zin Hla Schwe (Education Specialist)
Honorary committee members for review procedures
- Ajan Kru Suwannakprasit (Wat Nong Lan Chang)
- Bhikku Philipp Sumangkalo (Founder)
- Phra Ajan Pronschep (Wat Phayap)
It is not going to be easy. We will have to gather up every single satang until we get together 800 million, says the President with a serious expression on her face: she remembers a saying from her childhood
‘Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves’
The scholarships include the costs of school supplies, the cost of the sometimes long commutes to the next bigger city, accommodation and food costs and school fees that are due.
For this occasion all foundations are asked to present ‘orphans without means’ to the Forest of Peace and are invited to take part in the Children’s Future Day
Action events – ‘Into Nature!’
On the topic of ‘Climate Protection’ and ‘Knowledge gives Children Power’
- You like our idea of showing people the importance of our environment via our unique forest activities?
- You would like to partake and help out, but your resources and your time are limited?
We always need many helping hands, brilliant ideas and Facebookers!
- When you sign up for the newsletter, we are going to keep you posted with new ideas and updates.
— Forest of Peace (@ForestofPeace) November 9, 2012